Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so i can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Wednesday, 17 March 2010

My Desk Tuesday Evening and Wednesday Morning

What's on my Workdesk? Well last night my desk looked a like this for a bit. I was getting ready to play with my new stamps. I won them from Stamp TV and the postman delivered them on Monday. If I want to craft in the evening I have to get everything I think I might need and bring it downstairs (Tisha sleeps in our room where I keep all my stash and equipment, even the printer lives in there). My mum made the bag for me.

Some of the lovely ladies taking part in WOYWW have been showing how they store their ribbon collections. Some are incredibly organised. So today it's time to take some photos of my haberdashery draws. Here they are in my desk.

Now for me to find the key, and you to take a deep breath.
Left hand draw

Right hand draw

It's very hard to get the draws fully open, and really tricky getting them shut again. Sometimes stuff falls out of the gap at the back.
The mini village got packed away at the weekend. Tisha is busy making me cups of tea and platefuls of breakfast in the toy kitchen today.

24 comments:

Artyjen said...

I think all haberdashery drawers should be bursting at the seams! :)
xoxo

Julia Dunnit said...

Relief! 'Some' of the WOYWWs store ribbon very cleverly andI'm not one of them!! I love your haberdashery drawers - what impresses me most is that you know where the key is!!

Michele said...

Congrats on the win with the stamps. BTW...Your blog is looking really neat!

Cardarian said...

I would say your haberdashery is perfect - I think only 2 women in the world have it tidy and that is Martha Stewart and Mrs. Spelling...all the rest of us have normal messy haberdashery drawers!
Cardarian

Wipso said...

Think we all have drawers like that :-)
A x

Linda Elbourne said...

I am impressed ... I would never find the key once I had put it in a safe place :0) A fine set of drawers my dear :0)

Nicks said...

now thats how ribbons should be stored!

Vicki said...

wow those drawers - hehe love the mishmash look!!!

Helen said...

love the look of those drawers - made for rummaging!

butlersabroad said...

I have drawers like that! Once open I can't get them shut again! That's a staggering win by the way, Gina has loads of people enter those draws and blog giveaways, well done!

Brenda

Spyder said...

Love your messy draws!! And your cutter looks like mine, it's never cut anything straight!
(Lyn)

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your drawers look like mine lol... I know I would never be able to find the key though!!!

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

A good morning "hi" and love your work area. I can "sort of" relate although my forté was sewing and not scrapbooking, and that also created a mess. I must say, your space looks great, and I love the bag your mum made. She must be quite the seamstress!!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

My ribbons would be more like yours if I had them in a drawer :) As it is they're all just bunged into a plastic storage tub!
Anne xx

Paula Gale said...

i'd love to sort those drawers out... I'm often better at that than cardmaking (or is it that I procrastinate by tidying and sorting???)!!!

however, believe me - they used to be shoved in a drawer before I treated myself to my jars!!

Paula x x x

Rosie said...

I'm sorry, but as a tidy person (I know its annoying but I can't help it) your drawers are a HORRIBLE sight! I may have to lie down for a bit .....

Angie said...

Love the drawers ....I have one in the sitting room where post and bits tend to get put and I so often get it jammed ...a thin ruller helps push bits down as you try to open it LOL

Pam said...

OK may have tidy ribbons but I also definately have untidy drawers and one day I may be brave enough to show them!! Hugs Pam x

craftytrog said...

I'll admit I have drawers like that too, I might show them one day - if I have the courage!

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab drawers hun LOL I have ones like that too...I have to shut them very quickly otherwise they get stuck fast....nice desk area too :O))

Jennie said...

Your drawers look like mine , only yors are neat compared to mine:)

The Inky Minx said...

I am one of the guilty ones having very organised ribbons, but i must say there is nothing finer then having a rummage in a messy draw, and hay they don't need to be neat coz you can just close them up and hay presto.. instant tidy! lol
hugs minxy

Tracey said...

Oh I so wish I had tidy ribbons, have neither the time or inclination lol. Your blog is fab, mines like my ribbons.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [19 Mar 01:26pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria