Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so i can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Tutorials and Tips on making a smash styled travel journal.

Thursday, 18 March 2010

What is Peace?

What is Peace? This is a question I've been asking myself all week after reading this week's challenge at SSCC - create something about Peace.

I didn't come up with any cute fluffy soft imagery, or any pretty dainty stuff. Just something harsh and emotional. Why? To me Peace means being able to find the rock to stand on when the whole world is falling apart around me.

I recently received a complimentary copy of Cali Designs' new release - Around the Universe. It's on 25% off at the moment in her store here. It includes an image of a piece of world.

I've used the kit to create a piece of artwork about 2 times when my world has fallen apart. The first time was when my son was stillborn 8 years ago and the second when we nearly lost my daughter (TJ) to type 1 diabetes nearly 4 years ago.

If you want to see this in more detail, clicking on the image will take you to it in my gallery.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I appreciate your creation and view of peace. It's truly wonderful that we do have that rock to stand on when life storms all around us. Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us through this creation!
Blessings!
~H

Helen said...

I also meant to say that it is an amazingly beautiful creation!
Blessings!
~H

peggysue said...

God is our rock and comfort, what we all need to rely upon in times of trouble, which you have shared so openly. Thank you for giving us your vision of what peace means to you, obviously it is a topic you don't take lightly, it is very real to you. Thanks for sharing with us this week at SSIC.