Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so i can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Tutorials and Tips on making a smash styled travel journal.

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Father's Day Card

I made a quick card for Daniel's Dad this evening using a sketch from CPS, being sponsored by CPC this week.
The windmill image and text background are from my Windmills Stamps Set. The Father stamp is from the Gina k Designs Guiding Light stamps set. I coloured the image and rhinestones using Letraset Tria Markers (Y418, Y717, Y516, G136). The wood grain texture was done using a Fiskars texture plate and tool. As this tool applies texture manually I was able to leave gaps in the texture quiet easily.

I put the photo of this card through vischeck to make sure it's colour blind friendly, Daniel's Dad is green-red blind. Find out more about this on the tutorials blog (here). The slight green tone of the inks changes to an slight orange tone but otherwise the card looks practically the same - perfect.

1 comment:

Tami Mayberry said...

Very cool! I like how you used texture for the panels. Thanks for joining us at CPS! :)