Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Friday, 16 December 2011

Table Centre Piece

This week's colour swatch at MTME reminded me of the December Art Journal Kit by Cilenia Curtis. I decided to make a table centre piece with it for the Church party at the weekend. I have MTME's In a Pinch Template and thought that if I mirrored the top section I'd get a shape that resembles a cracker but more boxy.

I cut open the top of the box with my Fiskars Shape Cutter.



I didn't have any ribbon to match my project so I coloured a length of green ribbon with a Sage Letraset Tria marker. The broad tip makes colouring the ribbon quick and easy. (Tip: have scrap paper underneath to protect your work surface.)



There is dried lavender inside, and one of the ladies serving in the kitchen will get to take it home afterwards as a gift.

5 comments:

Cilenia said...

That is awesome Angela! Think I need to make one of these too!

This Art That Heals said...

Wow, this is really neat Angela. Very nice.

Romaine said...

This is beautiful! What a totally cool idea! I love the butterflies bursting out of the box! Thanks for joining us again this week at MTME pretty palette!

Lisa Kind said...

Love this! How creative! The colors look so pretty and I love how you colored the ribbon to match. Have you seen this template?
http://mytimemadeeasy.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=515

I think it looks a lot like a cracker too! Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

Julie Richards said...

Wow! This is stunning. I love the butterflies and your style. Thanks for sharing
hugs julie