Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Saturday, 14 April 2012

Hybrid Album Preparation

I'm making a hybrid CD album as a gift this month using some photos kindly sent by a relative.  I took inspiration from this month's CKC kit for assembling my CD album making kit together. It's hybrid - that means a  mixture of digital and physical stash. The inspiration kit contains lovely arty papers and butterflies, as well as super arty tags and silhouettes.

It's been a while since I made my own digi-papers and made some to match the colour scheme in the photos. I've been learning some new tricks in Cilenia's Building Colour Confidence Class and used this project to practice them with. Here are my CD sized circular papers for the page backgrounds.


I have some fabulous digital art journal splats with butterflies from Angie Young that I intend to incorporate in the digital part of my album and for making some arty tags etc. I may even use some of her photo masks from my stash too.

 

A rummage in my physical stash  found some embellishments to match and others I can recolour with my Tria Markers. I did a quick Tria colour samples sheet that I can compare with the paper test print (bottom right of photo) for choosing the inks. I'll raid my stamp and punch collection after I've printed out the digital pages and tags.

I'm itching to decorate up some of those doilies and flowers etc. I have a number of butterfly rubber stamps in the drawer I might use to print across them for some arty fun.

5 comments:

Tara O said...

What a great kit!! Love it!

mytwoandras said...

Looks like a fun little album kit.

OneScrapHappyMomma said...

Absolutely lovely!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Looks like a great project coming together!

S said...

Oh, interesting items you've pulled together - can't wait to see what you have done.