I've tried scrapbooking the photos several times but not had any success. This month's inspiration at CKC , both the kit and some of the layout inspiration ideas, reminded me of them and I decided to try again by tailoring a kit specifically for my photos. I've used the skills learnt on Cilenia Curtis's Building Color Confidence Class to create a colour swatch for my kit.
After a quick scan through my stash I couldn't see any obvious papers that matched the colour scheme, probably why I've not had any success scrapping these photos before. The patterned papers in the CKC inspiration kit from Gossamer Blue include stripes, chevrons, florals and spots and would be nice for a quilt style on part of the layout. So I've made my own paper pack using the following resources:
- A texture overlay in the downloads pack from Cilenia Curtis's Building Colour Confidence Class.
- Flower Brushes from Artists Toolbox 01 by Cilenia Curtis
- I used the custom shapes tool in my software (Craft Artist) to make the stripes, chevrons and spots etc. (I plan to share a tutorial on how to do a chevron pattern later this month)
Next step is to find/alter some embellishments.
- Black and Grey Scale objects are very easy to recolour in Craft Artist without going into my other graphics programs so I think Bobita Design's Frames for Life and Brads for Life make a good start, and they have a vintage style to them which should work well with my theme.
- I'll have a route about in my lace stash for some lacy and broderie anglaise trims.