Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

Monday, 11 February 2013

Couple of Birthday Cards

I need to post two birthday cards during the school run this afternoon. It wasn't easy finding inspiration in the challenge blogs I follow today as most of them are for Valentines, but I did find some I could mix and match together to help me make some quick cards.

First a card for my sister-in-law. She was born blind, I've previously compiled a list of guidelines for making cards for the blind. I liked the current cardabilities sketch for working a card without a stamped image, but still needed to simplify it slightly so the card isn't too busy for each part to be distinguishable by tough alone. Everything is tactile and I used colour swatch 80 from MTME. The embossed background has dots, and I added pearls round the circle for going dotty at ABC.


MTME's swatch 81 matches nicely with a paper pack I got for Christmas called Pink Plum by Crate Paper. Happy Birthday is the theme at I love Promarkers and it's technique time at Just us Girls with masked stamping. I followed this month's Trimcraft Sketch. The Daisy and Dandelion stamped images and paper flower are coloured using Tria Markers.


9 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Two great cards. Thanks for joining in the fun at ABC,

liz x

Lisa Kind said...

Cute cards! Love that bunny image! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

papercraftnut said...

Your cards are lovely and your little bunny is super cute! Thanks for playing along with the MTME Pretty Palette Challenge. Hope you'll join us again. Tracy:)

Angela said...

I'm sure your sister in law will love all the different textures and elements you have used on your card. Thank you for joining in and sharing with us at Cardabilities

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute cards - love that you add the texture - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Tangii said...

Adorable cards, I am sure your sister will LOVE hers! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

These are really adorable cards! I love the little bow accent. And the bunny is so cute!

Dawn said...

Such a cute card and your little bunny is so lovely. Thanks for playing along at My Time Made Easy, Dawn. xxx

Romaine said...

The bunny image is so darling! Thanks for sharing it with us at MTME pretty palette! :0)