Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Saturday, 12 October 2013

Chainsaw

Do you have photos in your stash you keep wanting to scrap over and over again but can never get anything to work? Well today's challenge at CKC has been the help I needed to get these pictures of my little one scrapped at last.

The challenge is to be inspired by an extreme birthday party. Bethany put together a Pinterest Board for inspirations and this one jumped out at me.

image linked to original post.
Wouldn't that be one cool party theme?

As this is a CKC challenge I'm using the CKC mix and match kit I pulled together from my stash earlier in the month (see here for details) together with a little themed add-on inspired by this party.

The first inspiration is those little hard hats on sticks in the bottom left - so cute! So I've taken a picture of a hard hat (from a photo taken by my friend Lynne who was also kind enough to cut it out for me) and added it to some stick pins.

Simply place the hat over the top of the pin head, adjust size of hat to fit.
The party stuff also has some diagonal striped banners and straws etc in both black & white, and yellow & white. A lovely dark brown and off white diagonal paper from by Giny Scraps works well with the rest of my CKC Oct kit so I've put that in my add-on along with a digital stamp from Meljens Designs.



The yellow one? Actually I "forged" that. How?

  • take the yellow paper from the main kit
  • place the diagonally striped paper on-top
  • set the blending mode of the striped paper to darken (tutorial here on using blending modes)

Now the moment you are all waiting for ... the finished layout.


8 comments:

Lisa said...

wow Angela. you always manage to impress me with how you see things and the creations you make in your digi mastery!

Stacy said...

So cute!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! I think you chose the PERFECT inspiration for these photos, and those cute little hardhat stickpins are darling!

Julene Matthews said...

What a clever layout. Your little man looks so sweet. LOve the CK.

Julene Matthews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimjams said...

Sooooo clever Angela! Fab way to scrap a lot of pics too.

Isbaha said...

Pretty layout !

sassyscrapper said...

Great how that frame looks like a gear for your construction themed page. Very cool hard hat pins. You do such a fabulous job with digi!