Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

Saturday, 4 January 2014

Ice Layout

During the children's 3rd viewing of the "Despicable Me 2" film I took the opportunity to scrap my page for the first CKC challenge of 2014. The challenge is to use subway art. That initially made me think of the spray canned scrawl sprawled all over the ways of the subways we walk through under the main road for the school run. I didn't want to use that style in my layout, but fortunately, the team back-room chatter revealed that Bethany actually meant this kind of thing.


Phew.

Here's the result.


Art Credits:

  • Scrap Art Studio's Color Play 16
  • white wooden alphas by kim Jensen (very old stash)
  • mittens from an old 3Scrapateers kit by Jo Marie - I recoloured these to match with the rest of the layout.
  • font: 28 Days Later

7 comments:

sassyscrapper said...

What a lovely layout. The style of your words really drive home that subway art feel. Love those snowflakes, too.

cinmfoster said...

Super cute layout. Love the idea of turning the title into the Subway Art

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet layout :) Lovin the Subway art

Lisa said...

I was confused to begin with too on the way to interpret the prompt but you did a great job! Your title work is perfect and what an adorable pink based snow layout!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

Super cute!

Lesley G said...

This is great but I would like to see your graffiti layout too!!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Wonderful how lovely this is to accent this soft page! Makes me see how to use this style in a more graphic, simple style - much less intimidating to me!