1. Cut two pieces of cardboard to slightly larger than the pages of the book.
- 1 cm taller
- 0.5 cm wider if not creating a fancy closure or adding a pen.
- 2.5 cm wider to fit a pen inside the journal (SMASH style)
2. Cut a piece of paper to about 1.5 cm larger than the cardboard around all 4 edges.
3. Draw a triangle just outside the corner
4. Cut the triangles from the paper.
5. Fold the edges round the cardboard and stick down.
6. Cut another piece of paper slightly smaller than the cover and glue in place over the folded edges on the inside of the cover.
7. Repeat for the second cover.
8. Decorate the front cover.
It's my turn to provide an example for the CKC Challenge #1 again this month. Our challenge is to use a minimum of 5 triangles.
This paper Tisha chose has a lovely triangular design in the pattern, making it really easy to cut to a nice pretty, equilateral triangle.
For the cover deign we got help from a sketch I found a few days ago at Stick It Down.
|Sketch from Stick it Down Challenge Blog|
Tisha wanted to add her name next.
Here's a little trick we use for lining up the letters.
We decided afterwards, that the design didn't stand out very much, so a black line was doodled around the outside of all the shapes.