Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Please let me know that you have visited by commenting on the post(s) you have read so I can visit your blog in return.

If you are here for a blog hop, you will find my hop posts as follows:

Saturday, 5 July 2014

Travel Journal Part 4: Themed page Ideas

One of the benefits of making our own journal, instead of purchasing one, is that we can customise it. Spotter sheets are a great addition for travel journals, particularly ones for young explorers. I found loads of free ones on the Wildlife Watch website. I printed out the summer flowers, and also some seaside themed ones as we intend on visiting the beach soon


Another great addition for a travel journal is some activity pages; something to do during the journey or rainy days You could cut some out of activity and puzzle books. I found a free on-line puzzle making website, where you can make your own custom puzzles on a theme and a difficulty level that's appropriate for you or your child.

I decorated up my activity pages using digital scrapbooking supplies and techniques.


Other ideas for including in a travel journal would be:

  • route plans.
  • maps, or space to add maps.
  • lists of places you want to see that you can tick off. You could even include a ratings note next to each item so you can grade it after your visit.
  • blank menu cards for adding details of special meals.
Do you have any other ideas I could include in this journal or the next one I'm doing?

2 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Love this idea. I've bookmarked the sites.
Cindy F

Lisa said...

I wish we had had stuff like this when we were young!